Monday, August 4, 2008

Martina, Breaking Dawn and Tests!

I had a fantastic weekend this last weekend! I had to share. So, Friday afternoon a girl comes in my office and says "Martina McBride tickets?", I said, why of course! So, I went to the Martina concert on Friday night with some of my girls and had a great time. She is a fantastic singer and put on quite the show at the amphitheatre. The plus side is that apparently this happens often at work (since I work for USANA), so I already have my name on the list for other great ones coming up (DMB and Toby Keith)! So, after the concert, I had to rush home to make it to the release party for the book "Breaking Dawn" at the Bountiful Barnes and Noble. It was a madhouse! Luckily I did not have to wait outside with the THOUSANDS of fans that were in line, I had RSVP'd to the release party, so I could go inside and join the festivities and line on the inside. I was there for an hour or so, but it was SO worth it. I spent the next two days reading the book and I loved every minute of it. I finished it late Sunday night! Let me just say to all the Twilight fans - You will LOVE this 4th book. Everything kind of comes together in a very cool, and unexpected way, but there are definitely some hardships. All-in-all it was a great book! Anyone that reads it - please call me so I can talk to you about it!

While I was busy with my book, Greg was busy with a final project/test thing that he has been working on for weeks. I am very proud of him - after working all day at the office, he would come home and work on it for days - then he worked on it al Friday night and ALL day Saturday. Not his usual idea of fun! But, his hard work paid off, he turned in the test at midnight on Saturday (exactly when it was due) and his teacher sent him an email back 7 minutes later saying that his project was BY FAR the best one turned in and he is getting the only 100% in the class. Considering this is one of this last Construction Management classes, he was very excited and very proud of himself. So Yay! I think he congragulated himself enough though because that meant that on Sunday he rounded up is hunting gear and convinced me to go to Cabela's and Sportsman's for some last-minute items. He is very excited about going hunting with the guys this year since it will be his first bow-hunt that he actually is drawing a tag.

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekends! And if you are a Stephenie Meyer fan - get to reading!!! (If you haven't already!).

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Yea! I'm reading the book now and I love it. I can hardly wait to finish it!!

Mills Family said...

Wow I am a slacker, I am still back on twilight hehehe, I am almost done with it though, so one day i will get through them all hehehe.
Yeah martina was pretty good huh, mindy and I are going to toby keith also so I am sure we will see ya there.
Tell Greg good job thats great.

skeeterandjenn said...

Great job Greg! That's fabulous! Martina is a great show! We missed her this year but have seen her in the past. Toby will be great too but sadly we are missing that one too! Well sounds like your weekend was awesome! :)

janeal said...

I finished Breaking Dawn!!!! I loved it!!! :) Mickele, how are you STILL on the first book??? I couldn't put it down once I started reading it.

Jay and I will be at Toby Keith too, so we'll see you all there! :)

Way to go Gregory on your test/project! I'm sure Jackie, that you didn't mind him working on tests all day so that you had a great excuse to read! :)

NicKnight said...

I can't believe you finally posted yeah and with great pictures I love it!!! I also can't believe I didn't see you at B & N p/u your book! Its always good to be VIP we were in & out, it was great. I agree with you the book had some unexpected twists and wrapped up quite nicely, we'll have to chat about it.