Sunday, August 31, 2008

Hell Week...

Okay, so Hell Week is officially over! Yay! For those of you that don't know what I am talking about - my Hell Week is USANA's annual Convention. USANA is a MLM (network marketing company), so all the associates that want to come to Convention come and it is basically a big party/tradeshow/celebration thing all in one. This one was actually really cool (my first, so I don't have a comparison), but there was a cool new product launch of an energy drink, so there was a lot of excitement. Anyway - the reason that it is known as Hell Week to the USANA employees is because we are forced to work it. So, I have been working about 14 hour days, on my feet the ENTIRE time - literally, we are not allowed to sit down - and talking with associates, selling product, etc.... It is crazy! Considering that is about as different from my regular job as it can be, it was kind of fun - but, wow was it tiring. So from Tuesday though Saturday I was working from 6:30/7 in the morning until 8-11:00 at night (depending on the night).

Considering Greg went out of town for part of it made my life even more interesting having to come home to two high-energy dogs after I was SO tired. Plus, he took our truck, so I borrowed my mom's car to get to work, and let's just say that I am not used to turning on/off my own headlights - and yes, I left them on and ran my mom's car battery dead on Friday night. Luckily, I have a FANTASTIC brother-in-law (and a pretty great sister too), who came over bright and early Saturday morning and tried to jump the car for me. When we couldn't get it to work quickly, he instead let me take my sister's car to work, and he spent his day fixing my problem - THANK YOU JAY AND JANEAL!!!!!!!!! Considering I was so tired and stressed out by that point that I was in tears, it was VERY helpful! Also, thank you Mom for letting me take your car - and then for not caring that I am an idiot and ran the battery out. ;)

I am SO glad it is over - But my poor feet are going to need a couple weeks to recover I am afraid. On the plus side - it was really fun to see the associates that sell for USANA since this whole network marketing idea is so foreign to me - it was exciting to understand how many people are involved on the other side. Okay - I am going to finish enjoying my couple days off!

:)

7 comments:

NicKnight said...

Yeah I think Greg needs to come home and give you the best foot message ever and then treat yourself to a pedicure! Those are some lonnnng days of work, you deserve it!

Mills Family said...

Wow that does not sound like fun, anyways you made it through and yeah I agree you deserve a pedicure after that, hehehe but don't forget to shave your legs this time hehehe.

All About M.E.('s) said...

Glad you survived your week. We missed you up camping!

Johnson Family said...

Hi there, this is your long lost friend Mitch. We found your blog through a friend of a friend, etc. Wanted to say hello and see how things were going. Talk to you soon.

kristin said...

Hey Jackie! Your blog looks awesome and it looks like you and Greg have lots of fun. Dustin logged on and applied for a copywriting position at Datamark the other day. Put a good word in for him! Lets get together, too!
Thanks!

The Garlocks.... said...

Okay, so I was in UT and I saw all these people wearing Red shirts. They were everywhere at the Gateway! Was that for you? Talk about busy because there were people everywhere wearing red. Way to go! I bet you feel such a great sense of accomplishment!

Malerie said...

Hey!
We want to invite you and Greg to Oakley's baby blessing! E.mail me your address {maleriewalker@hotmail.com}
It will be on May 17 at 9:00 am