Monday, July 28, 2008

Animal Lover...

So - Mindy Eyre posted on my comments to the post below that her and Marty were just talking the other day about how Greg and I are so good at seeing the animals in Yellowstone - It reminded me of a story and I just HAD to share: You see, when I go to Yellowstone with Greg's family, I always make the joke that because I am such an animal lover that I am "one" with the animals, so I know where they are at because they tell me! I don't know where it started, but it had been going on a couple years and they just laughed at my joke and said - okay Jackie, whatever you say. So every year they tell me to use my powers to find the animals - but they never believed in my powers ;) - Until a couple years ago... After all day without seeing hardly anything, they were teasing me to tell the animals to come out and I said - okay here goes (I put my hands to my temples and closed my eyes for a dramatic effect) and said - "K, I wanna see a bear, and not just in the distance, I wanna see a bear in the road, right next to our car." I am not even kidding, it was less than 20 seconds later, we turned a curve in the road and had to come to an abrupt halt as we waited for a big ole' black bear to walk all the way down the road (crossing a bridge), walk right next to our car, and then cross the road right behind our car. My brother and sister-in-law were in awe! So to continue the joke, I kept saying things like - I wanna see a wolf, a moose, etc.... In the next couple hours, we saw three wolves circling an elk (to attack), a couple more bears (but definitely more in the distance), and then on the way back to camp, we saw a moose just off the side of the road. His family never lets me live that down and now they firmly believe in my powers!

I really do have all the luck - but don't tell them that! ;) Have a great time in Yellowstone Mindy!

3 comments:

Mills Family said...

Jackie you are so funny, that is hilarious. Hey also good job on 2 posts in one week wow.

All About M.E.('s) said...

Nice work! We'll call you from Yellowstone for a little bit of Jackie inspiration!

janeal said...

I've known you were 'one' of the animals for years now.... 2 posts in one week is rather impressive. But you've got a ways to go to make up for your 2 month break!