Thursday, May 7, 2009

Should I update???

Okay - so it is fastly approaching almost a full year since I have updated this blog - clearly I am not into the whole blog thing. But, I am thinking that I might want to pick it back up again so I can keep everyone informed of our new addition. I am not making any promises, but here is an update for now... Then we will see how it goes!

As you all know by now - I am PREGNANT! This news just doesn't seem too exciting anymore since really, I am just wanting it to come to an end (I am 31.5 weeks) rather than being all excited about it beginning. But here is a quick run-through: I found out I was pregnant the day before Halloween. I actually had my suspicions, so a co-worker convinced me to go get a blood test. So, I did. And I then called and got the results over the phone an hour later - the poor nurse that read the results was likely a bit concerned. As soon as she said positive, I burst into tears. She clearly didn't know if they were happy or sad tears, so she just kind of said - thanks. But before she hung up I told her they were happy tears and I was SO excited. She sighed in relief and said - good, I didn't know which way that was going! I of course told Greg immediately and (don't tell him I told!), but he also shed a tear. I also told my sister that night - which I am glad I did. She had the great idea of 'trick or treating' to the family the next night (Halloween) and wearing a t-shirt that said BABY with an arrow pointing down. It was great. I was in my parents house for a full-on 5-10 minutes with Jay, Janeal and Greg trying to make it extremely obvious to look at my shirt. My parents didn't notice and Janeal had to basically say - Look at Jackie's costume. My mom and dad got SO happy - it was fun. We then told several other members of the family (including Mickele and Mindy, Carol and Grandpa). Then Greg and I went to his parents. We weren't going to tell, but I can't keep a secret, so after being there for a minute, I quickly unzipped my sweater and Amanda was the first to notice. She screamed and my mother in law literally screamed and jumped off the couch - they were SO happy! So then I told pretty much everyone else in the entire world that I knew. I cannot keep things a secret at all.

Fast forward to Feb 2. I was 17 weeks along - we had a routine doc appointment. My wonderful doc asked if we were going to find out the gender at our 20 week ultrasound - I told him Of course we were, as it was taking all my self-control to not go to Fetal Fotos and find out then! So, he got a grin and said, should we take a looksy? I was THRILLED! When he found the region - he said It looks like we have a girl! Greg got a big old smile and said - a girl! I got a perplexed look on my face and said, "A girl, really - are you sure?" For some reason, I thought it was a boy, so I was surprised by this! I am SO excited for my beautiful little girl, and after I have had 3 ultrasounds since then confirming it is in fact a girl; I finally believe it! On a side note, the official ultrasound was Feb 13, and Greg and I were very happy to see that everything was very healthy and progressing just as it should be!

I can't remember exactly when I started feeling her move, but I think it was sometime around 17 weeks and just kept getting stronger and stronger. Now, she moves constantly! I am kind of worried about her sleeping patterns - I can't quite tell when she sleeps, she just moves! It is a very good thing that I gave up caffeine for the pregnancy, I would be so worried right now that I did something to 'ruin' her! Clearly, she is just one active little girl - especially in the middle of the night. Greg can actually feel her moving the bed (as she kicks me). He will wake up and tell her that she needs to go to bed right now young lady and stop kicking her mother! She never listens, so hopefully that will change before she becomes a teenager, or else we are in real trouble. While I am so excited to meet her, we are preparing for some LONG nights ahead of us.

Which brings me to the final. I am due July 9th and Greg and I have had a fantastic time painting the nursery and getting all sorts of pepto-bismal colored objects to fill it. She is going to be one spoiled little girl! When we picked out our furniture, I was describing it to my Mom. She reminded us that we probably didn't need much furniture as we had a big closet with an organizer in the nursery already. Greg answered her with - well we don't have that much space in the bathroom for all her stuff, like bows and ribbons for her hair and stuff. My mom said, so you are buying a dresser for bows? Greg and I responded - Yes! So see, this little girl will be one spoiled little girl. She better have a lot of bows to fill the dresser. Come to think of it, she has no bows yet. Uh oh - I better get on this!

Oh - and I almost forgot. Our little girl's name is Adalyn. Adalyn Johnson. However, we are currently in debate about the middle name. If you have any suggestions, please let us know! We will likely be calling her Addy for short as well. So - send any suggestions you have my way!

Sorry for the novel. But people say to treat these blog things like a journal or scrapbook or something so you can remember things. So - here you go! And yes, we do have other things going on in our lives, like jobs and school and such, but nothing is as fun to talk about as our little Adalyn! I will try to post more often so I don't have to sum up a full year next time!

5 comments:

Malerie said...

Wahoo for an update!! :)

We still need to have you guys meet Oakley! We need to PLAN something, and follow through!

I'm so excited for you two! Hopefully everything keeps going well! I want to see your baby bump! Hopefully we'll see you soon! Congrats again!

Our friends are moving three doors down from you guys, to the East. They move in a couple of weeks, when you see someone moving in, stop and say hi to them! They're awesome. Or, maybe we'll be helping, so we'll stop by too!

Mills Family said...

Oh my hell finally an update wow I almost fell of my chair. Anyways congrats and I can't wait to meet little addy also. As for the middle name I think you should go with LaRue I think its cute.
As for your questions on my blog, mindy and baby get to come home on sunday and melica and jay either go home tonight or saturday morning.
As for mindy having a c-section she pushed for about 45 min. and they just told her that she is very small and probably wont be able to have babies that way and she wasn't contracting like they wanted her too, and there were a few other reasons that I will explain later no biggies but to much to write, so thats why they went with a csection.

Nate and Linds said...

So excited to hear from you! I know you tried to call me about a week ago, but you caught us right on our way to Vegas for my brothers wedding and we just got home! Busy, busy couple of weeks! I'm so glad to hear everything is going so well! I LOVE the name Adalyn, it's adorable. Nate and I just can't come up with a name we love. We'll keep searching...Can't wait to see you soon, you'll need your hair done before the baby right? :) Since it seems the only time us flakes can get together!

All About M.E.('s) said...

Great update! It was fun to read about how you found out that you were pregnant and how you broke the news to everyone. Very cute. I can't wait to meet her, she's going to be beautiful like her mom.
Anyway, keep the post coming.

The Garlocks.... said...

wow look at that!!! Look what one whole year will bring!! YAHOO...I'm so excited...I love the name! It is cute! My vote would be NO middle name. I never had one and I'm so glad because now Gardner is my middle name and I LOVE THAT! I want to seepictures of your BELLY and the nursery!