Sunday, July 27, 2008

Wow!

So - I know you are all thinking what a slacker I am not having time to post in over 2 months! Wow! Well, you are all right - I am a slacker. ;) I have just been enjoying summer nights too much and been so busy! Greg and I celebrated our 5-yr anniversary on July 15th, so for the 4th of July, we took off for a week of camping. We went to one of our favorites, Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. We had the BEST time! It was so nice to just relax together and have no agenda or timeframes - in fact, we didn't even make any plans - and the biggest suprise of all - Greg didn't even bring his laptop and even managed to turn off his cell phone for part of the time - Wow!!! We went to dinner and a play in West Yellowstone one night, kayaking at Hebgen Lake one day, we rented a boat on Yellowstone Lake another day, went hiking in the Tetons and even had time to eat dinner at the Yellowstone Lodge that we have always wanted to (as well as roasting marshmallows and hanging out at the campfire)! If you know me at all, you know that I am horrible with taking pictures, in fact if it weren't for Greg, I wouldn't even take a camera anywhere - I think I might be the least girl-like of any girl I know (mostly when it comes to pictures)! But I did manage to take a couple, so here they are (looking as staged as ever...;)):

(the only picture of the two of us - seriously we are horrible at pictures) - this was in the boat on Yellowstone Lake.

This was also in the boat - when Greg nearly flipped me out of the boat. If you can see, I am pointing to myself since I am soaked clear through all my clothes - He hit a big wave and the boat flipped really fast somehow and the whole side of me went into the lake and Greg pulled me back in by my one foot - it was great fun, but SO cold on the way back into shore.

Fantastically cheesy picture - the best kind!

So this is a Grizzly Bear right off the side of the road. See where the pavement ends and the flowers are? - That is where we were standing a couple minutes before (with a group - we weren't the only crazies) - but a ranger came and yelled at us since clearly that is a bit close to a freakin' Grizzly bear!
Other than that, just regular life in the summer: working and then doing stuff outside after work to enjoy all that sun. Greg is really busy at work right now, so he is working around the clock with that and school. I am busy trying to put my house back together after our remodel - I know, it has been forever! I will have to take pictures of the remodel that we did and put them up - maybe that will be one of the next blogs I do, once I finish putting my furniture back in it!
See y'all later! I hope everyone is in good health and doing well...

6 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

Sounds like a fun and busy summer so far. Marty and I were just talking about you guys the other day and your super good luck at seeing animals in Yellowstone. We have never seen a grizzly bear in Yellowstone, but we are leaving next week for our 'annual' Yellowstone trip, so send some of your luck our way ;). Happy Anniversary- I can't believe it has been 5 years. Where does the time go?

Mills Family said...

Holy wow is right you actually did a post wow. Anyways looks like you guys are having fun I am so glad. That is crazy that you guys were that close to the grizzly bear how fun. K well keep having a great summer.

Trish&Tony said...

Sounds so fun! Tony and I havent went camping together yet! I can't wait. You guys are so cute together!

skeeterandjenn said...

Hey Jack! Happy Anniversary....late! LOL Looks like you had a great trip! I haven't been to Yellowstone for years...makes me wanna go now!

janeal said...

You actually posted!!!!! I'm so proud of you. I've already heard about your trip, but I'm glad you put some pictures up. Are those the only pictures you took? Happy Anniversary!!! :)

The Garlocks.... said...

about time for a new post! That sounds like a fun vacations and I'm not at all a camper!! I'm jealous you get to take off like that...Troy and I missed that part of being married. We went staight into parenthood about year after we were married! I'm jealous!